Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New on Ning - An introduction and How to for the "Sell or Trade" Section

Well, it's been a while since I posted and Ning has gone through a few updates and changes. One of the new sections/features that has been added is a "SELL OR TRADE" section. Unfortunately, the only option Ning had for me to add was a "groups" section. I would have preferred to do a forum style posting but we are only allowed one forum and we already have one. So, I thought I would explain here why I added the "Sell or Trade" section and how to use it.

I know many of us (probably most of us) have supplies that are ready for a new home. There are always things you might like to destash, never used or barely used tools, embellishments, etc., but they aren't the kind of things you want to list in your shop. The "SELL or TRADE" section on NING is exactly for that purpose. We currently have close to three hundred members on Ning and are ever growing. Surely with all those paper crafters out there someone would find your destash supplies useful. The Sell or Trade section is a great way for our members to list what they have, possibly how much they would like for the item(s), and any other info that might help find their destash supplies a new and loving home. There are currently two members with plenty of items to offer so be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the main page on Ning to see what's on the offering table.

SELL or TRADE - How to add your own destash items

Listing your items is easy to do. Click on the "Sell or Trade" tab at the top of any page on Ning or click on the EtsyPaper photo under the "groups" box on the main page. All you have to do is click "start discussion" and go to town with your items and info. PLEASE DO NOT ADD A GROUP or your listing will be removed. I am also asking everyone listing to not add photos. You can provide photos via convos, email or Ning messaging.

PLEASE NOTE: This section is ONLY for items you think other team members may be interested in (ex. stamps, craft equipment,destash supplies, etc.) and not for regular items you sell in your shop. Any items NOT fitting the criteria will be removed by admin.

I hope this new section will give members a fun way to clean out their crafting space and also find something to fill it back up with:)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns. Now, go see what our members are offering and be sure to add your own!

1 comment:

Birdcage Cards said...

Oouu, I love this idea! I have so many embellishments that I've collected for personal paper crafts, like scrapbooking, that I never get to and I'm always needing new inks and the like for work related crafts.

I think a trade is such a good idea! And beacuse its existing within our set community you can trust things to work more smoothly. Very excited about this one! Hmmm, now I've got to sort through all my goodies - ahhh!!!