Tuesday, July 1, 2014

TACE Handmade

The SpotLight member of July is TACEHandmade!

I'd like to introduce you to, Tasos, the owner of TACEHandmade.  I interviewed him and quickly found out just how creative he is.  This shop has a little bit of everything.

Etsy Paper: Tell us a little about yourself
Tasos: I am from Greece. I live in a detached house to a small neighborhood about ten minutes from the center of Athens, with my beloved and fluffy cat, Kurt. I'm in a relationship with a cute girl for three years and we love traveling and cooking.
Cats red or blue earrings / wood earrings with decoupage technique / wooden jewelry
Cat Earrings
Etsy Paper: When did you open your shop on Etsy?

Tasos: Μy shop has been open for almost a year.  Οn 15 September we will have his first birthday!


Etsy Paper: Tell us about your shop.
Tasos: In my shop I sell jewelry and decorative wall art. I work mainly with wood and paper using the technique of decoupage. I like experimenting with different papers like napkins, rice paper and scrapbooking papers. In the same way, I work my decorative ornaments so creating wall hangers.

Vintage Girl Art
Vintage Girl Art
Etsy Paper: Do you have a special space for your crafting, or does the kitchen table do double duty?
Tasos: I started to design in my room, at my desk. But as time passed, materials and tools proliferate so I made a room of the house a small workshop. I managed to organize all things on shelves and boxes and working is more enjoyable because I want to be neat and tidy.


Etsy Paper: Why did you decide to become on Etsy seller?
Tasos: I decided to become a seller on Etsy because I loved the idea that something of mine can be loved by someone and travel anywhere on the planet. 

Etsy Paper: What is your favorite technique/ your "specialty"?
Tasos: My favorite technique is decoupage! I love working with wood and paper. I started using this technique in objects, but because I loved it so much I started making jewelry with this technique. I give the design that I want to have the jewelry on paper and then pass it onto the wood and cut. I like looking at hundreds of napkins to discover the plan that will get stuck in the wood, I feel like I'm looking for treasure. There are such beautiful designs imprinted on papers that give beautiful results on jewelry.

Paisley wooden bracelet- gold wire colorful flowers - red geometric bangle - bohemian hippie navajo style - decoupage necklace - spring
Bracelet
Etsy Paper: Is there someone in your life that may have inspired your creativity?
Tasos: One day my girlfriend Madalena wanted a necklace, but wherever she looked she could not find the design she had in her mind. So I decided to make it myself . I bought all the materials and gave it to her οn her birthday! Since I am inspired by her, anything I design are things that I feel she will wear.  She is my muse and my biggest fan!
Mosaic wooden neckalce / Geometric necklace / decoupage necklace / wooden jewelry / boho chic necklace / blue necklace /
Necklace
Etsy Paper: How did your shop get its name?
Tasos: The idea for the name of my shop came from my name Tasos. "Asos" in Greek means "ace", known to all of us as the best card of the deck and together with the first letter of my name came Tace! 


Etsy Paper: Do you have a favorite quote to share?
Tasos: My favorite quote is "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not" 
which was said by Kurt Cobain. Τhis quote makes me be true and makes me be myself. I wish all people to love themselves and not try to be something else to be loved.



Etsy Paper: Why do you do what you do?
Tasos: I do what I do because above all it gives me joy. The need for me to express my creativity and the pleasure that I felt since childhood making things with my hands, led me to do what I do now. For me it is very important to feel that I am doing something creative, it gives me strength for life. 
The more I create the more I feel alive and happy!


What an amazing artist he is.  Such great talent and a kind heart.  Browse through his shop, you might see something you can't resist.  
www.etsy.com/shop/TACEHandmade

Until next time,
Jenni
Etsy Paper Team
Captain