Friday, April 17, 2009

EtsyPaper, Earth Day & April's Team Challenge


O.K! Who's ready for the next team member challenge? I was doing some "forced" cleaning (you know, the kind where you make a mess trying to get to something that's packed away, everything spills over and makes a mess that you are "forced" to clean up) and I ran across a bunch of empty ribbon spools I have been saving. I am thinking "green" and have been saving them for a while just knowing that I would one day find a new use for them. I was getting ready to tuck them back away (for who knows how long) and it hit me.....these empty ribbon spools are the inspiration for our April challenge. Read on:
In honor of Earth Day (Wednesday, April 22nd) and finding new uses for "old" things, our April challenge is to see what you can create from an old ribbon spool/spools. Anything goes here so be creative! All members and aspiring members are welcome and encouraged to participate. I will also post photos and shop links of challenge participants here on our blog. If we have enough entries, we will try to grab a treasury. The deadline will be Tuesday, April 28th. Don't forget to add your photos to the NING site and our team Flickr photo pool (if you use Flickr). Tag your photos "AEDC" (for April Earth Day Challenge). I hope everyone has a good time with this one. We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with! HAPPY CRAFTING:)

6 comments:

Dolores~CraftyD's Creations said...

This sounds like a wonderful challenge, I have a few of them around myself. LOL

Chrystal S said...

Oooohhh! This is very challenging!!! :) I can't wait to see the results.

cspaperandbeads

Alycia Morales said...

I'm so thrilled to see that I am not the only one crazy enough to save them for exactly the same reason! LOL! I accept this challenge with eagerness and anticipation! :)

The Paper Peddler said...

HAHA! I'm so glad to see everyone likes the challenge (and also glad to see that I'm not the only one who is a "craft rat"/pack rat) - I may try to work on mine this weekend:)

Megan Duarte said...

I love this idea. I have been cleaning my craft room this weekend and had thrown a bunch of them in the trash. As soon as I read this I grabbed them out of the trash, and I have a really cute idea already in mind. Can't wait to see everyones.

K is for Calligraphy said...

Spooltastically great idea except I actually just got rid of like 18 empty ribbon spools after saving them for who knows how long! LOL Certainly an inspiration to dig around and clean up in an effort to find more! Great challenge! happy Earth Day everyday!
xo, Katy